Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's like pushing a rope.

So, having started this 'blog'-thing ... I promptly forgot it again. Not really. I just hadn't had time. As usual.

I had really been hoping to do some clichéing and 'turn over an new leaf' or some such ... but the Turning Leaf caught me again at a few parties, the annual week-of-panic shopping before wedding season starts and we both need something to wear, the heap of work that attacked me from left-field (but what's the point of working 'overtime' except for the chance to get some 'undertime' later?), and not to forget, the traffic that goes with summer here that sucks away the last of your will to live/write/breathe/get out of bed.

But I'm surviving the work. The shopping was mildy successful and the parties were tolerable (my ears have a different opinion but that's a ballgame of a different color).

Now, planning ahead into the distant future of Summer '09, I'm trying to heard the cats that are my budget, my 'financial advisor', my vacation time and my not-quite-in-law into an neat and orderly plan so that it can be completely ignored when the time comes to implement said 'plan'. If everything works out, we'll see the beach this year.

Good news? I got hold of the 'Introduction to American English' book that I've been wanting and my bullfinch flew away. The book is a surprisingly readable look at the American version of English from a cultural and historical viewpoint and the bullfinch was a wild one that I found back in March with a broken wing right before the last cold snap in our neighborhood full of half-starved and neglected cats. The book is entertaining, and Eric was finally able to fly.

I am going to miss his singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment